More Than a Fad (MTAF) is a non-for-profit thrift store based in Edmonton, Alberta, raising funds for women in addiction recovery at Adeara Recovery Centre. We are an online and in-person thrift store with three locations across the city (Kingsway, Westpoint & Southside). MTAF is largely volunteer-led and we are passionate about creating community, giving generously and educating about addiction recovery. As our reach continues to grow, so does our team, which is why we need you! We are excited you are considering this opportunity to use your skills and passions to help make an impact in the lives of women recovering from addiction.
- Running cash - Responsible for processing purchases and transactions, welcoming customers once they walk into the door, and promoting any add-ons — like rewards programs or other miscellaneous items —as the customer checks out.
- Helping customers - Answering product questions and showing them a product that meets their needs.
- Maintaining store appearance - Undertake light housekeeping duties.
- Replenish stock on store floor.
- Assist, where necessary, with the daily operations of the Outlet Store.
- Report to Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and creative with strong communication skills
- Clear and effective communication
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to be flexible (with hours!) and confident
- Punctual and reliable
- Quick and effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and able to work with a high degree of independence, with minimal supervision
- Experience with point-of-sale systems is an asset, but not required
- Basic mathematics and financial knowledge
- June 1, 2022 – September 2, 2022 (dates flexible)
- 5 – 10 hours per week
- School credit available based on applicants needs
- Reference letter after committed term
- Position is unpaid – no monetary compensation currently available
How to apply:
- Fill out the form online at https://forms.gle/tBnpZTFZCTvw9MPA8