More Than a Fad (MTAF) is a non-for-profit thrift store based in Edmonton, Alberta, raising funds for women in addiction recovery at Adeara Recovery Centre. We are an online and in-person thrift store with three locations across the city (Kingsway, Westpoint & Southside). MTAF is largely volunteer-led and we are passionate about creating community, giving generously and educating about addiction recovery. As our reach continues to grow, so does our team, which is why we need you! We are excited you are considering this opportunity to use your skills and passions to help make an impact in the lives of women recovering from addiction.
- Collaborate and take direction from the social media coordinator (SMC) on a weekly basis regarding the social media schedule
- Assist with content creation specifically for Instagram and TikTok via videos, reels, and more
- Assist SMC in creating content (education on addiction, increasing foot traffic, etc.), posting to social media across all three locations, and answering messages.
- Assist the operations and promotion of our online store and other e-commerce platforms (Poshmark, Marketplace, Amazon) taking product pictures, editing and uploading them.
- Able to assist in the store such as running the POS, pricing and organizing if needed.
- Help with marketing strategies and implementation for various events.
- Work 5 -10 hours per week split between in person at one of our three locations (store location subject change week to week).
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and creative with strong communication skills
- experience in photography and social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, & TikTok
- passionate about content creation and photography
- ability to be flexible (with hours!) and confident
- punctual and reliable
- hard-working teammate and collaborator
- organizational skills and attention to detail
- able to use platforms such as lightroom, indesign and canva
- proactive and able to work with a high degree of independence
- drivers licence (will be driving between our three stores)
- June 1, 2022– September 2, 2022 (dates flexible)
- School credit available based on applicants needs
- Position is unpaid – no monetary compensation currently available
How to apply:
- Fill out the form online at https://forms.gle/jHnTaZvcNNrcHUcd9